Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Collaborative Project in the Making

Lisa Parisi is putting together a collaborative book talk project. Students will use voice thread to publish their book talks on a wiki. I am excited to participate in this with my students. I explained to the kids on Wednesday that we would participate in this project for our independent reading response this six weeks. At first, they looked at me with the all too familiar glazed over eyes. Then I showed them how voice thread works. Wow! Did they get excited!

On Wednesday, our goal was for each student to create his/her own avatar using this site. Then, each student was to add their identity to our voice thread account. Here's where we got stuck. They uploaded their avatars after having saved them, but the images did not show up in the identities, even though the identities were listed. I didn't have this problem when I worked on it from home so I am wondering if it has anything to do with our school filters. If anyone out there knows, would you leave me a comment about it?

You can see our initial voice thread on our class blog page.

Please comment, words of wisdom are appreciated!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dogtrax said...

Thanks for the avatar site.
I hope to use it, maybe even today!
Kevin

January 11, 2008 at 5:50 AM  
Blogger Dogtrax said...

I wonder if your difficulty has to do with the format of the avatar.
Did they save them as .gif or .jpeg or .png?
Or, as you note, it may be your school filter.
Kevin

January 11, 2008 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Julia Osteen said...

Thanks, Kevin. That's exactly it. The default setting on the avatar site is .gif and voicethread needs a .jpg.

January 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home