Saturday, December 27, 2008

"Prepare to be amazed . . ."

My family is having the good fortune of visiting Cozumel, Mexico, this Christmas and working with the children at Ciudad de Angeles. My daughter has been on a mission trip to work with the kids 4 times in the past 6 years. As we were preparing for our trip, my daughter said, "Prepare to be amazed and know your life will never be the same." Wow, that's quite a statement!

It got me to thinking. What if we were able to say this to each of our students at least once a school year? Wouldn't it be great if each of our students could point to even just one thing each year and say that it truly changed his/her life? I know this may sound a little idealistic but wouldn't it be nice if education could be that meaningful? Just a thought.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let's make this our mantra-- 2009- Be prepared to be amazed.

January 6, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home