Saturday, April 02, 2016

I'm Back

It has been about 21/2 years since I have posted on this blog. I can't believe how time just flies by. It reminds me of the quote, "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans." (John Lennon)
While I have never stepped away from the work of education, my work has taken on a different shape in the past 21/2 years. During that time I have worked for the Ayers Institute leading the College Access Project program and the Teacher Preparation MOOC program. Both of these have been very important professional learning initiatives; however, they have taken me away from the day to day in the classroom.
Now that both of those programs are requiring less of my time, I find myself in the classroom more mainly observing teachers and coaching teachers toward their goals. I find this new chapter of my work to be very rewarding and challenging all at the same time.
I plan to share some of my learning through these new experiences with you in future blog posts.

One of the things I am most proud of through my work in the past 21/2 years is the content development and instructional design of the Role of Technology in Education MOOC. If you have any one at your school who is struggling with understanding the proper role of technology in the learning process, I encourage you to share this FREE resource with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home