Thursday, September 08, 2016

Innovator's Mindset and Energizing my PLN

I started today much like any other day. After leaving my house for work and enduring an hour commute, I settled in to take stock of the day. As is often my habit, I perused my twitter feed and found a golden nugget! The golden nuggets are what makes twitter so valuable to me as a professional.


This message led me to read the blog that was linked which led me to investigate the Innovator's Mindset MOOC. After all of that, I was so excited that I signed up to participate in the MOOC. It starts next week and runs 6 weeks. Sounds like a timeframe I can commit for. Now, I've not read George Couros's book yet, Innovator's Mindset, but I have ordered it and due to the magic of Amazon I will be able to read it beginning Monday night. 

I keep reflecting on why I am so excited about this. It's yet another book to read, which I have plenty to read working in higher education! I'm anticipating new ideas from reading the book but also from the subsequent conversations that will no doubt occur within the MOOC. I don't know who will be part of the MOOC nor do I know what attitudes and dispositions those people will bring. What I do know is that there is a great potential for new thinking and new ideas. 

On the Innovator's Mindset blog you can find the benefits of participating:
So what are the benefits of this?
There are no badges or credit for this program.  This is for your growth and will hopefully help you develop a network of like-minded innovators that can take your learning, teaching and leadership to the next level.  Isn’t that why we are all here? To become better at what we do?

I am looking forward to adding to and energizing my PLN in the process of participating with the MOOC.  How about you?

You can learn more about the Innovator's Mindset MOOC experience by accessing the blog and following on twitter #IMMOOC #InnovatorsMindset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home